Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fortunate

As we have been filling out adoption paperwork I've been reminded of how fortunate I am. I have led a very blessed life.
The paperwork asks questions about disappointments you've had in your life. The best I could come up with for that was not getting the part I wanted in the school play.
It asked about loss. Well, all but one of my grandparents have died. That's something.
The exercise led me to wonder how well I'll be able to help my child deal with the loss she will have already experienced in the little bit of life she'll have tasted before she comes to me. The answer is Faith. I am doing what I need to do to get the child I am meant to have. This I know. I will therefore be blessed with the understanding I need to nurture that child.

No comments: