Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween Decor

Last week as I was thinking about Halloween decorations I read this Design Mom post. I love the plates but I couldn't think of a place to hang them in my house so I filed the idea away in my head to review sometime in the future.
Later, as I looked at the collage of empty frames on my wall waiting to be filled with family photos, I was struck with brilliance. Why not make some Halloween pictures and put them in those frames? 99 cents for a piece of black poster board and some white crayloa kid's paint from our art supply box later, my dream became a reality.

I'm loving the results. I may even come up with another place to display family photos and rotate seasonal art work here. Ok, probably not but I like the idea.

4 comments:

Lauranie said...

very cool!

Melissa M. said...

That is super awesome!
The spider web is my favorite.

The Realistic Housewife said...

Just fell upon your blog. Love the shirt skirt, too, btw.

I love it! I like having more substantial decorations like that. Instead of just adding a couple pumpkins around.

I just put up a Hamlet picture and the Chat Noir picture I had taken down, in honor of Halloween. I might try and do this to add to it, too. I also found some cute little stuff while thrifting. I'll have to take some pictures =]

Eva said...

Awww, thanks everybody!

T.R.H.-I'll be watching for those pictures