Tuesday, March 2, 2010

They were lovely

As much as I bemoaned all the work that went into them, the mammoth herd of flower girls really did make the wedding.

We never got a photo of all thirteen of them together. For one thing, the Mr took Moo home to bed not more than thirty minutes into the reception. For another thing, a portrait of thirteen young girls is not an easy thing to to capture and after the trouble of dressing all those girls (Not to mention the sewing) we, their mothers were ( in a word) pooped. So here are some action shots from the wedding. If you ever get the notion to undertake a project like this yourself, give me a call and I'll be glad to talk you out of it.

10 comments:

Miriam said...

Really beautiful photos.
I love the sweet baby and her dress!
The bride is gorgeous!!!

Stefannie said...

I literally gasped at the pic of the baby in her fancy dress. All the dresses are adorable but that one is a heartstopper.

Good work!

Megan said...

They are so beautiful!
That little tiny baby one is enough to throw me over the edge, I am in love with it!

Eva said...

I feel like I should mention that I didn't make the Baby's dress. That was all my sister. I did assemble the baby's big sister's satin dress though, so I contributed a bit to that photo.

Kirstin said...

Oh my oh my. Eva you have outdone yourself!

Alisa said...

Wow!! You are amazing! 13 dresses? And all different but matching! Wow!! I have to make 1 flower girl dress for an April wedding. 13??!! Beautiful.

Audrea Ratliff said...

Oh wow! Girl have you got talent or what!!! You did a fantastic job. They were so very beautiful :)

Kateka said...

I love them all, but especially the little itty bitty baby dress.

Amelia said...

The dresses turned out incredible... as usual. I am not surprised you and your sister are so extremely talented. You are amazing. Oh and I must say the baby dress is adorable but that baby is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen ;-). Thank you for everything.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, those dresses turned out beautiful!!