Friday, April 9, 2010

Sunshine

Zizza has a new love. It is yellow. Ever since the orange party she's been talking about the yellow party she will have when her birthday comes. Accordingly, when we went thrifting a few weeks ago, she was on the lookout. She found this sheet and fell in love.

Tuesday when I sat down to work on the sheet to dress transformation she was right there with sketches for me to sew from.


She drew the sleeves at least five times to be sure I understood what she wanted. I guess I got pretty close because she didn't complain when it was done.
She did mention that she hadn't planned on a gathered neck-line but she thought it was a nice addition to her design so she allowed it.

She was not ok with the yo-yo flowers. I think it needs them to tie in the lighter yellow from the ruffle but she'll have none of it.
Lucky for me she was magnanimous enough to wear the flowers long enough to be photographed.


This is not the prettiest dress I've made, but it just might get the most wear.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

this dress is beautiful! I love the sheet your daughter picked out!

Miss Prickly said...

So pretty. I haven't heard of using elastic in the bobbin. Are there any special tricks?

J.B. said...

Wow. I think it is most lovely. And if you made one in my size, it would get worn nearly daily.

Word Verification: ancricew

Annie Jarman said...

Seriously, that is to die for. One of those dresses I see and think, man, I wish I could afford something like that. Love that it was made from a sheet!

I wish you would post her sketches of her dress. That would be fun to see how specific she got.

~julee~ said...

The dress is adorable, and the model is just precious!

Kathryn said...

Think you got quite a little designer on your hands because I LOVE the results!

boatx2 said...

I just really needed to tell you:

your daughter in the cutest tiny being on the planet. I literally swooned a little.

What a collaborative effort! She looks gorgeous in marigold and seems to love it (despite the horror of the yoyos) I wish my mother made such great clothes for me when I was young! ^_^

roe

Amy said...

This dress is so darling in the details. And the Izzy dress...love it! You amaze me.

The White's said...

Very Cute. I can't believe how big she is getting. She looks awesome in yellow.

Kateka said...

I love that you let her design her own dress. You two in like 15 years are going to be rolling big because you'll have this mom and daughter fashion line, like beyonce and her mom, but your's will be cute.

Audrea Ratliff said...

That dress is completely adorable! Then to have your way cutie cute girlie dress up in it is just picture perfect! The design of the dress is so cool :) Great job!!!!