Friday, July 1, 2011

Popsicle day week 3

Today was both a triumph and a disappointment. A triumph because look how cool:

Ring Popsicles! (Thanks Grandma!)

Also triumphant because this weeks flavor is raspberry cheesecake and I've got to tell you. It is delicious.

The disappointment came in because I couldn't get anyone to pose for a picture, and also because those kids of mine weren't nearly as impressed with the raspberry cheesecake flavor as I was. In fact, 2 of them almost didn't finish theirs and I'l tell ya, those ring pops are not large.

I stumbled across this recipe a few weeks ago on pinterest and converted it to meet my needs. Here's what I did

4oz cream cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup raspberries

Blend that all up, pour it into molds and freeze.
It made 6 ity bity pops and 2 average size.

The original recipe had pig pieces of berry floating in the creamy goodness. That was lovely and all, but I thought blending it would make things easier on the eating side. Also, I find that even textures tend to be more palatable to the 6 and under set.

Now seriously, go make some of these. They are all kinds of good. If you're not into popsicles, double the recipe and pour it into a graham cracker crust. That would be seriously yummy. Actually, A good idea might be to make the pie, slice it, and then skewer each slice on a stick and serve it popsicle style. That way you get the best of both worlds. Yes, do that.

No comments: