Thursday, October 9, 2008

vanity

You want to know one of the really cool parts of having a weeks old baby that you did not bear yourself?
When you are approached by strangers admiring the wee babe and answer their inquiries about the child's age they invariably respond with a sincere "You look great!" That's always good to hear.
Of course the "great" is subjective to the fact that they think you're 3 weeks postpartum. The qualifications for looking "great" in that case are a lot lower than otherwise but I do my best to ignore that and take the "great" at full value.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This little baby is beautiful! Congratulations! I love reading your blog...thought maybe I should come forward...your "little ones" have REALLY grown up...love all your creative ideas and....I miss you guys!