Sunday, December 6, 2009

second hand soup

Ok, that's kind if an unfortunate title I chose. Just to be clear, I do not mean puke. Puke does not enter into this equation in the slightest.
Now, let's begin.

Do you remember my plans for the left over braising liquid from the ribs I made last week?

They were wildly successful.
I needed some extra liquid for the barley to absorb as it cooked so I added 2 cups of water and a can of chicken broth to the four-ish cups of left over fabulousness I had in the fridge.
Then I dumped in the barley (about half a cup) and let it all simmer until the barley was tender. (20-30 minutes)
Meanwhile, I made some mashed potatoes to submerge in the beefy barley glory.
Yum.
I ate it for dinner. I ate it for lunch. I ate it for dinner again, and I never got tired of it.
I should make more ribs so I can have more soup.


By the way, I substituted beef stock for the wine in P-dub's recipe.

1 comment:

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

ok i need you to be more specific on this one.. I made the ribs for dinner tonight... I had to triple it because there was so many people comin for dinner so I have a ton of the liquid gold.. so now what?? shat so I do with it to make the soup?? email me on facebook or something. thanks!!