Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cheesecake

I made a cheesecake for dessert this evening...sort of.
A more apt description of what I made would be cheese soup. The recipe calls for a two hour chill before serving, you see and I only gave it about forty five minutes. The results were not much to look at but very tasty.

The last time I made cheesecake it was lovely. See for yourself


The polk-a-dot cheesecake was a vision. Sadly, it tasted awful.


The chocolate graham cracker crust used regular grahams and cocoa powder with not quite enough sugar to take the cocoa edge off ( in my opinion) but that wasn't the real problem.

My crust tasted stale for some reason I couldn't figure out. I wrote off the possibility that my graham crackers were stale because I started with a brand new package. Not even a package from storage that had been freshly opened, but brand new fresh from the grocery store, freshly opened box.

A few days later I noticed that the kids weren't eating their crackers when I distributed them.

The brand new crackers were indeed stale and ruined my pretty pretty cheesecake.

Jerks.

I feel bad for myself but I feel worse for the guests to whom I served that lovely, stale confection.

The moral of this cheesecake story is this: looks aren't everything especially when it comes to dessert.

P.S. Remind me to discuss the meaning of the phrase "singed cat cake" at some future interval.

No comments: