Friday, November 4, 2011

Missing

A few days ago as I set to prepare for the month of daily posting I lived a little mini nightmare.

In early October my computer was acting up. The Mr bade me back up my files so he could get to the bottom of it. I did that. He double checked my work just to make sure I hadn't missed anything and the computer repairs continued on from there.

Can you guess the cause of my recent distress?

All of my pictures from July 2010 through September 2011 are gone.

At first, though upset, I didn't realize the strength of the blow. After a few minutes the thought dawned on me that all of my pictures of little Duke were gone.

I stared at the file directory on my screen. Stunned. Horrified. Distraught. Fighting to quell the oncoming physical symptoms of freak out.
Then I remembered something.
A saving grace.
The pictures from his birth were originally uploaded to The Mr's computer while I lay blissfully bonding with my velvet prize. We're still missing the photos of his first days weeks and months, but those of his first hours are safe and sound.

It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart breaks for you. Much love!

Unknown said...

After I read this, it made me feel horrible for spending only 2 minutes looking for the pictures for you. I shall endeavor to repair that mistake.

Insufficiently Candid said...

Were they ever recovered? I have a few pictures of your children from your trip in October, and some from my trip in Dreadful Heat. I will gladly make them available to you as proof positive that they existed during that time frame.