Wednesday, February 25, 2009

hmmf

I was trying to post about my darling boy's second birthday which happened this week but apparently I am not allowed.
My photos will not post.
I suppose I'll have to go photoless for the time being.


My darling boy turned two.
Two whole years since I birthed him.
Two whole years since I woke in the night with the wee tiny thing tucked beside me. I snuggled him to my cheek and he stretched his arms wide as they could go, just wide enough to span my face, and it hurt me, how much I loved him.
He occasionally hugs my face still, it hurts now in a more ordinary "my face is being smooshed" sort of a way.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy.

And, by the way, I was sad to miss book club last night. Jim told me on Wednesday night that he had to go out with the missionaries that night. I so would have been there! Mandi said I missed out on some good food!